Puntigrus tetrazona, Tiger Barb:
– Grows to a maximum size of about 2.5 inches (6 cm).
– Suitable for tanks around 20 gallons or more.
– Provide hiding spots using plants, rocks, and decorations.
– Temperature: 68°F – 79°F (20°C – 26°C).
– pH: 5.0 – 7.5.
– Hardness: Soft to moderately hard water.
– Incorporate live plants like Java moss, Anubias, and floating plants.
– Utilize fine-gravel substrate and create open swimming areas.
– Omnivorous diet; offer a mix of high-quality flakes, pellets, and small live/frozen foods.
**Behavior and Compatibility:**
– May be nippy and fin nippers if they feel uncomfortable in their environtment; keep in a group of 6 or more to reduce aggression.
– Compatible with other semi-aggressive community fish.
– Perform regular 20-30% water changes to maintain water quality.
– Monitor water parameters and ensure stability.
– Egg scatterer with moderate breeding difficulty.
– Provide fine-leaved plants or a spawning mop for egg attachment.
– Separate breeding tank might be needed to protect eggs.
– Keep a larger group to reduce individual aggression.
– Provide ample swimming space and hiding spots.
– Monitor behavior closely to prevent aggression issues.
Please note that while these care guidelines offer a general overview, individual fish may have their own behaviors and preferences. Continuous observation and adjustments to care are important for the well-being of your Tiger Barbs (Puntigrus tetrazona).