Paracheirodon simulans, commonly known as the Green Neon Tetra, is a small and peaceful freshwater fish species originating from the Amazon basin in South America. Here’s a summarized bullet point list of care tips for Paracheirodon simulans, including its maximum size:
– Tank size: A minimum of 10 gallons is suitable for a small group (6-8) of Green Neon Tetras.
– Filtration: Use a reliable filter to maintain water quality and provide gentle water flow.
– Water parameters: Temperature 72-82°F (22-28°C), pH 5.0-7.0, hardness 1-5 dGH.
– Substrate: Use fine gravel or sand to mimic their natural environment.
– Green Neon Tetras are omnivores with a preference for small live or frozen foods.
– Offer a varied diet that includes high-quality flakes, pellets, and supplement with live or frozen foods like brine shrimp, daphnia, and bloodworms.
– They are generally peaceful and can be kept with other small, non-aggressive fish.
– Avoid keeping them with larger or aggressive species that may stress or prey on them.
Decor and Environment:
– Provide plenty of plants, floating vegetation, and open swimming spaces.
– Use driftwood and rocks to create natural hiding spots and simulate their natural habitat.
– Dim lighting can enhance their colors and reduce stress.
– Perform regular water changes (20-25% weekly) to maintain water quality and remove waste.
– Keep the water well-filtered and ensure good water circulation.
– Green Neon Tetras are shoaling fish, so keep them in groups of at least 6-8 individuals to reduce stress and encourage natural behavior.
– They are known for their stunning iridescent green-blue coloration on their body.
– Monitor water parameters regularly using test kits to ensure optimal conditions.
– Quarantine new fish before introducing them to the main tank to prevent disease transmission.
– Breeding Green Neon Tetras in captivity is possible with proper care and conditions.
– Provide a separate breeding tank with soft, slightly acidic water and fine-leaved plants for potential spawning.
Observation and Enjoyment:
– Spend time observing and enjoying the natural beauty and behavior of Green Neon Tetras.
– Create a peaceful and well-maintained environment to enhance their vibrant colors and showcase their active nature.
– The maximum size for Paracheirodon simulans (Green Neon Tetra) is around 1 inch (2.5 centimeters) in length.
By keeping their maximum size in mind, you can plan a suitable and thriving aquarium for Paracheirodon simulans (Green Neon Tetra) and provide them with an environment where they can display their best colors and behaviors, ensuring a healthy and enjoyable life in captivity.