Enteromius jae, also known as Jae Barb:
– Grows to a maximum size of about 2 to 2.5 inches (5 to 6 cm).
– Suitable for tanks as small as 10 gallons for a small group.
– Provide hiding spots using plants, rocks, and decorations.
– Temperature: 63°F – 75°F (17°C – 24°C).
– pH: 5.0 – 6.5.
– Hardness: Soft to moderately hard water.
– Incorporate live plants like Java fern, Anubias, and floating plants.
– Utilize fine-gravel substrate and create open swimming areas.
– Omnivorous diet with a preference for small foods.
– Offer high-quality flake food, micro pellets, and live or frozen foods.
**Behavior and Compatibility:**
– Generally peaceful and social; best kept in groups of 6 or more.
– Suitable for community tanks with other small, non-aggressive species.
– Perform regular 20-30% water changes to maintain water quality.
– Monitor water parameters and ensure stability.
– Breeding information might be limited due to its status change.
– If attempting breeding, provide fine-leaved plants or a spawning mop.
– Consider a separate breeding tank for egg protection.
– Observe behavior for health and compatibility.
– Maintain good water quality and provide a balanced diet.
– Avoid overcrowding to prevent stress-related issues.
Please note that while these care guidelines provide a general overview, individual fish may display unique behaviors and preferences. Continuous observation and adaptations to care are essential for the well-being of your Jae Barbs (Enteromius jae).