Pethia setnai, Indigo Barb:
Grows up to around 2 inches (5 cm).
– Suitable for tanks as small as 10 gallons.
– Provide hiding spots using plants, rocks, and decorations.
– Temperature: 72°F – 82°F (22°C – 28°C).
– pH: 6.0 – 7.5.
– Hardness: Soft to moderately hard water.
– Incorporate live plants like Java fern, Anubias, and floating plants.
– Use fine-gravel substrate and provide open swimming areas.
– Omnivorous diet with a preference for small foods.
– Offer high-quality flake food, micro pellets, and live or frozen foods.
**Behavior and Compatibility:**
– Generally peaceful and social; best kept in groups of 6 or more.
– Suitable for community tanks with other small, non-aggressive species.
– Perform regular 20-30% water changes to maintain water quality.
– Monitor water parameters and ensure stability.
– Egg scatterer with moderate breeding difficulty.
– Provide fine-leaved plants or a spawning mop for egg attachment.
– Consider a separate breeding tank for egg protection.
– Observe behavior for health and compatibility.
– Maintain good water quality and provide a balanced diet.
– Avoid overcrowding to prevent stress-related issues.
Remember that while these bullet points provide a general guideline, individual fish may display unique behaviors and preferences. Continuous observation and adaptations to care are vital for the well-being of your Indigo Barbs (Pethia setnai).