Hypselobarbus jerdoni, also known as the Lemon Fin Barb:
– Grows to a substantial size, reaching around 18 inches (about 45 cm) in length.
– Requires a very large aquarium or a pond setting.
– Provide ample space and hiding spots with rocks, driftwood, and plants.
– Temperature: 68°F – 79°F (20°C – 26°C).
– pH: 6.0 – 7.5.
– Hardness: Soft to moderately hard water.
– Incorporate large rocks, caves, driftwood, and aquatic plants.
– Create strong water movement to mimic river conditions.
– Omnivorous diet with a preference for live and natural foods.
– Offer high-quality pellets, live insects, small fish, and vegetables.
**Behavior and Compatibility:**
– Active and robust fish, incompatible with smaller or timid tankmates.
– Best suited for large tanks or pond settings with other robust species.
– Ensure excellent water quality with regular maintenance and filtration.
– Monitor water parameters closely due to their size and feeding habits.
– Breeding in captivity is challenging due to size and specific requirements.
– Limited information is available on their breeding habits.
– Research extensively before considering Lemon Fin Barbs due to their size.
– Provide a spacious and stimulating environment to prevent stress.
– Consult with experts for proper care and habitat design.
As always, maintaining the health and well-being of fish like the Lemon Fin Barbs requires thorough research, attention to specific requirements, and responsible care.