Desmopuntius hexazona, Six Banded Barb:
– Grows to a maximum size of about 2 inches (5 cm).
– Suitable for tanks around 20 gallons or more.
– Provide hiding spots using plants, rocks, and decorations.
– Temperature: 68°F – 79°F (20°C – 26°C).
– pH: 4.0 – 7.0.
– Hardness: Soft to moderately hard water.
– Incorporate live plants like Java moss, Anubias, and floating plants.
– Utilize fine-gravel substrate and create open swimming areas.
– Omnivorous diet; offer a mix of high-quality flakes, pellets, and small live/frozen foods.
**Behavior and Compatibility:**
– Peaceful and social; suitable for small groups.
– Compatible with other peaceful, small community fish.
– Perform regular 20-30% water changes to maintain water quality.
– Monitor water parameters and ensure stability.
– Limited breeding information available; might require specific conditions.
– Provide subdued lighting to enhance their coloration.
– Maintain stable water conditions and good filtration.
– Avoid aggressive tankmates that could stress the Six Banded Barbs.
Please note that while these care guidelines offer a general overview, individual fish may have their own behaviors and preferences. Continuous observation and adjustments to care are important for the well-being of your Six Banded Barbs (Desmopuntius hexazona).